Okay, I managed to get mechanize to login for me. Now I am pulling
down a vBulletin page which has a thread on it:

# pull down a thread
puts "Thread:\n"
page = agent.get('http://dapo.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-2293.html?pda=1')
pp page

but all I get is:
#<WWW::Mechanize::Page
 {url
  #<URI::HTTP:0x333ef2
URL:http://dapo.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-2293.html>}
 {meta}
 {title
  "Alternator failure For Real This Time [Archive]  - Diamond Aircraft
Pilots/Owners Organization"}
 {iframes}
 {frames}
 {links
  #<WWW::Mechanize::Link
   "Diamond Aircraft Pilots/Owners Organization"
   "index.php">
  #<WWW::Mechanize::Link "General" "index.php?f-1.html">
  #<WWW::Mechanize::Link "Discussions" "index.php?f-4.html">
  #<WWW::Mechanize::Link "PDA" "index.php?pda=1">
  #<WWW::Mechanize::Link
   "Alternator failure For Real This Time"
   "http://www.dapo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2293">}
 {forms}>

It's cool that I have a data structure for the links, but, um, where's
the text of the page? That's the stuff I *want*.

Thanks.

--Colin