On 6/13/07, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> Hi --
>

> It's not a contest --
100% agree
>not even a debate.
100% surprised (maybe I do not grasp the semantics of debate, it means
discussion, right?)
> Ultimately people should do
> what they want.  I like to steer people, especially newcomers, to the
> traditional style, in the hope that that's what they will decide they
> want to do, partly just because it *is* the traditional style, and
> partly because on the whole it looks so great.
Sorry for intervening with that, but I will just be clear again:
David's the guy to follow when in doubt, if you prefer my style you
prefer it anyway but be warned neverheless :(.

David has probably read and written 100 times the Ruby Code I have
read and written (catching up though;). As he I do not think it is a
contest, maybe I was confusing the ML with a chat forum a little
bit...

> That's all there is to it.  You already know everything you need to
> know, and you can decide what to do.  It doesn't matter who (including
> me) says what (and we already have ways to determine what Matz does).
>
> In other words, let's not get into one of these interminable threads
> where people try to "argue" and "convince" each other.  It's just not
> that kind of situation.  (And neither are 99.9999% of such threads :-)
I was not trying to do this but you make me aware that I was talking
too much, point taken.

Over and out ;)
Robert
--