> On Jun 6, 2:43 am, "Ronald Fischer" <ronald.fisc... / venyon.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know a reliable way to detect, whether
> Net::FTP#chdir was
> > successful? Even if the directory does not exist, no exception is
> > thrown.
> >
> > Ronald
> > --
> > Ronald Fischer <ronald.fisc... / venyon.com>
> > Phone: +49-89-452133-162
>
> You should be able to check with Net::FTP#pwd.

I think this does not work when the directory chdir'ed to is
reached via a symlink, and I also don't see an easy way,
how to check it with pwd for the cases the directory is
given via a relative path. Note that a general solution
must deal with cases such as

   chdir "foo/bar"
   chdir "foo/.."  # pwd after chdir will be the same as before

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer / venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162