> It's OK for me to open up new RCR.  But to tell the truth, I feel like
> that explicit dipatch based on type is not a Ruby-way(TM).  You don't
> have to give it up though.
>
> matz.

You must admit, though, that absent explicit dispatch based on type most of
us will need to at least occasionally type check arguments and use a switch
or other pattern to vary behavior.  When you need to do this often, I think
method overloading is a reasonably neat way to organize and maintain code.
Admittedly, though, we might be better served if you were to explain
(publish?) a better paradigm for handling such a scenario with ruby.

Wayne