On 09/06/07, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > OS X 10.4.9
> > Dual Xeon, dual core (Mac tower)
> >
> > I built 1.8.6-p36 using gcc -m64 -Wall. It seemed to go fine, until the
> > very end when it gave me this warning:
> >
> > ld64 warning: in /usr/lib/libobjc.dylib, missing required architecture
> > x86_64 in file
>
> <snip>
>
> Oops, seems Tiger doesn't actually support 64-bit computing yet. I'll
> have to wait for Leopard.
>
> Disregard.

Anyway, the default Ruby linker flags (-undefined suppress) can build
(and happily install) extensions that miss libraries.
I am not sure why these flags are used but I have seen quite a few
extensions linked improperly because of this. However, ruby does not
complain about missing symbols while loading the extension so this
might something else.

Thanks

Michal