Hi,

Is there any way that you can find the source code of a ruby method
or class by introspecting it?  In Python, I believe, functions carry
around information about the source file and line position at which
they were defined.  Is there a similar feature in Ruby?

I'm wondering, since Ruby inherits a bit from Smalltalk, and one of
the nicer features of smalltalk is the way in which you can just
browse through the source of everything while you're debugging.
(At least in Squeak, you can.  I'm not all that experienced with
Smalltalk, either, but it's a neat feature.)

If there are hooks of some kind, it would be easy to create a nifty
IDE-like environment, like some of the lisps and smalltalks have,
which would be a Good Thing.

--Johann

--
Johann Hibschman                           johann / physics.berkeley.edu