Dear all,

I need to convert some accented text, and I would like to know
what arguments I have to give Iconv to produce the desired output.
E.g., in Italian, the word for Friday is "venerdi", where the
"i" carries a dash (small i with grave accent).
If you type this into Wikipedia search in Italian
(which I believed to be in utf-8 encoding),
it will load:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venerd%c3%ac ,

yet this syntax:

converted_doc = Iconv.new(output_encoding, input_encoding).iconv(doc)

gives me "venerd\303\254" when I convert from latin1 encoding.

What arguments do I have to use ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Axel