ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> writes:

> A> Sometimes I think it would be great to define two methods of the same
> A> name but different parameters ( C++ "overload").
>
>  I'm agree with you :-)

me too ;-)

<<SNIP>>

>  but please see [ruby-talk:15178]
>

> Guy Decoux
Come on Matz, Guy has got it in his hands and this request really comes up quite often.
This could be a "piece of sugar" for the strong-typed people (C++/Java, ...), so more of'em might give Ruby a try.
And once they are in the *boat* they will most probably come along without ;-)

So if it (i.e. Guy's implementation) doesn't make too much overhead (if at all) and too much integration problems I would suggest to open up a RCR, so that everybody could give his opinion.
Regards
Clemens