Ross Bamford wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 22:20 +0900, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>> I tried to contact Mr Hirotaka Matsuyuki,however his email address
>> seems to be invalid. If someone knows the proper address would you
>> mind to let me know?
>>

> I tried to contact him earlier this year, but to no avail - I think the
> project has been dormant for quite a while. I posted about it here at
> the time. [1]
>
>> I've tried the libcurl bindings from him in both forms from
>> http://www.d1.dion.ne.jp/~matuyuki/ruby.html
>
> I made some updates to this version to get it to work with Ruby 1.8 and
> GCC 4. When I couldn't get any response with the patch, I posted up a
> patched copy on my site [2]. IIRC it worked quite well.
>
> [1] http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/184297
> [2] http://roscopeco.co.uk/code/rbCurl-0.0.2-03.06.tar.gz

Hello Mr. Ross Bamford,

I am trying to install istall curb by trying this >gem install curb
but it show me the following error message:
C:\>gem install curb
Need to update 1 gems from http://gems.rubyforge.org
.
complete
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
        --with-opt-dir
        --without-opt-dir
        --with-opt-include
        --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
        --with-opt-lib
        --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
        --with-make-prog
        --srcdir=.
        --curdir
        --ruby=c:/ruby/bin/ruby
        --with-curl-dir
        --without-curl-dir
        --with-curl-include
        --without-curl-include=${curl-dir}/include
        --with-curl-lib
        --without-curl-lib=${curl-dir}/lib
        --with-curllib
        --without-curllib

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/curb-0.1.2 for
 inspection.

Results logged to
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/curb-0.1.2/ext/gem_make.out

1 thing more, I am using windows xp insteed of linus and using ruby
1.8.5-2.1.
I am new in ruby. So,if you are kind enough please send me the compleate
installation documentation to shuvo.razi / gmail.com.Thank you.

Regards,
Shuvo.