matz / netlab.co.jp (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:

> |        rescue IOError |var|
>
> Have you noticed it would be conflict since parser can not distinguish
> bitwise and operator and vertical bar surrounding variables?

True, and   'rescue IOError do |var|' is a bit verbose.

> Currently I like the `exception' function best.  But not decided
> yet.  It came from Sather.

I guess I'm wondering why you'd build something like this into the
language, when it can be implemented in an external library, and
therefore left up to  the individual user. I know you don't like 'use
English', but at least it gives the user the choice of whether or not
to use it.

If that's the alternative, I guess I'd rather keep using 'in'. (or =>,
which seems better).

Dave