I have been enjoying the Ruby language for a little bit now and even
tried to answer a question on this forum.  :)  Still, I have a question
about Ruby development.

I have been hearing that most anything programmable can be programmed in
Ruby.  Well, when I write apps, there is almost always a user interface.
(Sometimes, there is an API for services or the like.)  If I wanted to
knock out an application that does <whatever>, how would I approach the
interface implementation?  I have heard of things like WXWidgets,
gnome2, GTK-Wimp, and the like.

What is a good recommendation for simple interfaces and why that one
over some other?

thanks!