On 6/4/07, Morton Goldberg <m_goldberg / ameritech.net> wrote:
> On Jun 3, 2007, at 11:22 PM, James Edward Gray II wrote:
>

> I really like Fred Phillips' solution.
Honestly the idea is awesome, but he should have taken care to get the
syntax right. I think it is not a good solution in the exact context
but a good distribution for us to have fun.
> A fine example of pursuing the
> KISS principle right into the ground. I wish I'd thought of it.
The KISS principle was already embraced by nobody less than Albert
Einstein who said "As simple(*) as possible, but not simpler!"
the last part being quite irrelevant in our case.
BUT does the merciless application of KISS give you the warm fuzzy feeling?
I believe - idiotically and idealistically ( they often come in pairs
) - that this warm fuzzy feeling is necessary to be productive. So
emotionally I dislike KISS somehow but I have to admit that I learnt a
lot while being put on my place ;)

> I don't envy you your job of having to summarize all these submissions.

Sure and even more so, as we are already discussing solutions, which
have never seen before, and might even be bad form when I think about
it -maybe with the exception of the one liners. But this Quiz is
special :)

Knowing James a little bit he will find a practical approach making
his life a little bit easier and still giving a good resume, if he is
doing it himself BTW.

> Are the above remarks facetious? Mostly but not entirely.
>
> Regards, Morton

(*) I daresay that "simple" is not well defined though :)

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?