On 6/3/07, S.Volkov <svolkov / comcast.net> wrote:
> "Robert Dober" <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:335e48a90706030531q536624b6m73ecace8f29583fb / mail.gmail.com...
> > If I want the job ;)
> >
> > X = [ %w{FizzBuzz} + %w{Fizz} * 4 ]
> > Y = %w{Buzz}
> > (1..100).each do |n|
> >  puts( X[n%3][n%5]) rescue puts( Y[n%5]||n )
> > end
> Robert, you are not kind to guys who will maintain your code.
That could be discussed, but this is a small entity, from my
experience maintenance nightmares come from bad design and code
dependencies. There would be some nice unit tests and if the
maintainer cannot figure out this code she can rewrite it.

> Do you want the job or demonstration of your smartness?
Would I like a job that does not fit my style - unless unemployed.

This is not very smart a solution, it reflects some features of Ruby,
after all they are hiring a Ruby developer not a C or Perl developer.
> It's could be great for small startup doing R&D,
> but not for enterprise-like development.
> imho: in any situation: KISS!

This is strong an expression, I will not take offense, others might.

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?