------art_16487_13372481.1180887958663

Great quiz, really got me thinking about other ways to solve this
simple problem, but I settled on this clear and easy method.
Anyway, here we go:

E BEGIN!/usr/bin/ruby -w
###########################
# Filename: fizzbuzz.rb
# Author: Christian Roese
# Date: 2007-06-01
###########################
# Ruby Quiz - FizzBuzz (#126)
# This program will print out the numbers from 1 to 100,
# replacing multiples of 3 with "Fizz", the multiples of
# 5 with "Buzz", and the multiples of 3 and 5 with "FizzBuzz"

# I love me some constants!
START, STOP, FIZZ, BUZZ, BOTH  , 100, 3, 5, 15

START.upto(STOP) do |n|
  result  f (n % BOTH 0) then "FizzBuzz"
              elsif (n % FIZZ 0) then "Fizz"
              elsif (n % BUZZ 0) then "Buzz"
              else n
              end
  puts result
end

¥¿DE END
After seeing the post about making the core loop

(1..100).each { |x| p x }

I came up with this little ditty:

¥¿DE BEGIN!/usr/bin/ruby -w
###########################
# Filename: fizzbuzz2.rb
# Author: Christian Roese
# Date: 2007-06-01
###########################

# change the way Fixnum's spit out their value
class Fixnum
  FIZZ, BUZZ, BOTH  , 5, 15
  def inspect
    result  f (self % BOTH 0) then "FizzBuzz"
             elsif (self % FIZZ 0) then "Fizz"
             elsif (self % BUZZ 0) then "Buzz"
             else self

# main loop
(1..100).each { |x| p x }

¥¿DE ENDot too shabby for only a couple weeks of using Ruby!
I love this language!!
--
Christian Roese

------art_16487_13372481.1180887958663--