Hi Jeremy (and all others experiencing the same problems),

I found the following solution to this problem:

Fire up the Terminal then type

Password: *************
> cd mysql/
> sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib
> sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.15.dylib
> sudo ln -s ../libmysqlclient.15.0.0.dylib libmysqlclient.dylib

This will create some symbolic links from the expected location of these
files to the current location.

Inspired by
http://blog.calganx.net/2007/05/20/apache-2-php-5-und-mysql-5-fr-macos-x/

This seems to be related to a change in the directory structure of the
current mysql releases?! But I did not investigate any further.

greetings

    Sascha