James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> writes:

> On Jun 2, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Daniel Martin wrote:
>> Anyone care for a friendly game of golf?
>> I've got this in 67 characters...
>
> Is that how you would solve it in your job interview?  Just curious.

Well, no.  In a job interview I'd give the first solution I came up
with, which is quite boring.  At least, initially.  If explicitly
asked for different solutions, maybe.  At a job interview I've alluded
to before, I was asked to write a perl one-liner that did a particular
task, and later as we had some extra time at the end of the interview,
(it was a marathon interview day, with interviews scheduled on the
hour) I spent a minute or two with the interviewer looking at ways to
play perlgolf with my solution.

Basically, trying to golf the solution is a form of joking around with
the interviewer,(*) and like anything of that nature, you do it only
when appropriate.

(*) albeit a highly geeky form of joke

--
s=%q(  Daniel Martin -- martin / snowplow.org
       puts "s=%q(#{s})",s.to_a.last       )