On 6/1/07, Erik Hollensbe <erik / hollensbe.org> wrote:
> On 2007-05-20 20:45:59 -0700, gga <GGarramuno / aol.com> said:

> > Really?  Not the vim I'm using (cream).  It matches parentheses/
> > brackets like most editors, but it does nothing to hilight matching do/
> > end or def/end blocks.

> % works, but I'm using a ruby-matchit plugin I found on vim.org. I'm
> not sure if this is the same as the dist that a few guys have been
> working on at rubyforge.

% in vim does something related to what he's asking for, but it
doesn't automatically highlight the matching token when the cursor
lands on it's mate.  G?Vim will do this for single character matching
tokens like ( ), [] and {}, as you move the cursor over one of these
it will highlight its mate if it doesn't have to scroll to do so.

Personally, I don't miss it much.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby