> 	>I thought being able to set default iterator parameter naming *might*
> 	>be good idea.
>
> The lazy part of my brain (which is sizable) likes the idea,
> but I'm afraid it may violate the Principle of Least Surprise.
> What would you propose if the there were already local variables
> that had the same name as the default ones?

The lazy part of my brain (which is also sizable) does not like the idea.  It
objects to having to learn the "magic" words for each iterator I use.  This
part of my brain anticipates having to continually look up documentation when
reading other people's code:  "where'd *that* variable come from?  hmm, not up
here, not over here, oh it maybe it's one of those magic parameters, where's
the documentation for this iterator?  well, it's coming from the object `foo',
so what class is `foo'?  *page page* aha, looks like it's a Bar, or maybe a
subclass.  well, there is no doc for Bar#iterator, but aha, the Baz mix-in
does have iterator!  ok, now where was I?"

The less "convenient" little special cases I have to memorize to use a
language, the better chance I'll be able to hold the whole thing in my head at
the same time.  I gave up on perl because of too much thrashing between code
and the man pages.