On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 12:35:35AM +0900, Peter Bailey wrote:
> Regarding Active Record, yes, I've certainly read that it
> rocks, mainly as part of Rails. Can it be used in a non-Rails way, too?

Absolutely. That's how I first started using it.

There are plenty of intros and blogs if you just google for them, e.g.
http://www.it-eye.nl/weblog/2006/01/06/starting-with-ruby-and-oracle/

And AR's own API documentation is pretty good too:
http://ar.rubyonrails.com/

> I'm perfectly fine with shelling out some bucks for a good book.

I have "Agile Web Development with Rails" and I'd strongly recommend it,
even if you're only interested in ActiveRecord, as it has several chapters
dedicated to it.

Regards,

Brian.