James Edward Gray II wrote:

>> Done, 4 times over.
>
> I almost didn't run it, for this reason.  Solutions are everywhere, even
> in Ruby.

Oh, I meant I had done it in four ways since the quiz had been posted.

Re the comment about not being one of the ping pong balls in a jumbo jet
questions, that's true.

Having not heard of this particular problem, I jumped to the conclusion
that it was one of those "write this seemingly simple program but you're
not cool unless you do it the clever way I'm thinking of" problems. If
it's really used as just a "can you write a simple program" question,
I'm all for that.