Hi --

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Jim Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The reason to send this mail is that I am still wondering why I should study
> and use Ruby.
>
> I used perl for 5 years and recently I try to study and use Ruby...  I can't
> wait perl6 to relase.
>
> sb. says Ruby is an alternative for perl, but how's when compared with
> perl6? Ruby's vision vs Perl6's version?

I'm not sure what sb. is (I'm bad at acronyms and abbreviations), but
Ruby is just a language, like Perl.  They're not exactly alternatives
for each other, or at least they don't have to be, so you should learn
Ruby if you like Ruby, regardless of whether or not you program in
Perl.

It's not a "winner-take-all" thing; you can learn more than one
language :-)

David