Marcin and Brian,

Thank you for the help, I feel like I have a pretty good starting
place now to figure the details out myself. I'm still not sure what
the differences between all the data structures like Mutex, Condition
Variable, Semaphore, Monitor, etc are... but I can work that out.

On 5/31/07, Brian Candler <B.Candler / pobox.com> wrote:
> This is where a good book comes in. There are some relevant articles on
> wikipedia. Googling for "philosophers" and "spaghetti" may also be helpful :-)

Yes, very helpful. It also led me to:
- Sleeping barber problem
- Cigarette smokers problem
- Dining cryptographers protocol

The Concurrency category on Wikipedia should give me plenty to read,
or at least know what to look for at the bookstore...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Concurrency

Thanks again,
  Erwin