Doug Phillips wrote:

>> Insecure world writable dir /teams/com_fqd_dev/tools, mode
>> 040777" messages.
>>
>> What is wrong with that ? The system call does not read the
>> $PATH var ?
>> Why 'echo' ran well ?
> The first echo of $PATH has $PATH surrounded by single quotes; the shell
> will not evaluate $PATH, instead taking it literally.  Encapsulate it in
> double quotes (you'll need to escape them so they execute properly), and
> it should work as expected.
>
> irb(main):003:0> system "echo \"$PATH def\""
> /usr/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/php/bin:/usr/ccs/b
> in:/usr/local/mysql/bin def
> => true
>
> (The above was run on a Solaris 10 machine)

LOL, i am not facing a problem with a print of $PATH var, since I know
how to do and did it on the next line, what is wrong is the
execution....

[578] XmlChecker -V
v1.9
[579] ruby -W0 test.rb
Here is the tool
/projects/fqdbdatamig/tools/prod/bin//XmlChecker
$PATH def
[...]:/projects/fqdbdatamig/tools/prod/bin/:.
[580]

Well, when I run 'XmlChecker -V' in a shell, it generates the output
'v1.9'.
When I try to run it through out a ruby script 'system "XmlChecker -V"',
nothing  happens, like it was not executed. Is 'Xmlchecker -V' not
executed ? Why ? the $PATH var shows it knows where to find the tool
XmlChecker.

Thanks for your support,

Gal'