Hi --

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, TAKAHASHI Masayoshi wrote:

> We have some options.
>
> a) "'" and '"' are automatically converted entity reference always.
> b) "'" and '"' are converted if it's attribute's value.
> c) Attribute object has @quote_mark variable which character use
>    in serializing, and "'" and '"' are converted when @quote_mark
>    uses same character.
> d) XMLWriter object has @quote_mark variable which character use
>    in writing, and "'" and '"' are converted when @quote_mark
>    uses same character.

Is there really that much flexibility?  I'm looking at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#entproc
which "summarizes the contexts in which character references, entity
references, and invocations of unparsed entities might appear and the
required behavior of an XML processor in each case."

Or am I (again) talking about entity resolution when the rest of you
are talking about de-resolution? (replacing single characters with
entity references)  Which I still wonder about....

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net