James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On May 30, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Ryan Davis wrote:
>
>> and kicks the living crap out of RMagick. Oh, and it
>> doesn't leak memory like a sieve. :)
>
> The creator of this library disagrees, just FYI:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/msg/a61984b06e70acea
>
> James Edward Gray II

Thanks for reposting my earlier request, James. I'll repeat it here for
emphasis:

As of this moment there are no open bug tracks for RMagick memory leaks
on RubyForge. All the RMagick "leaks" I know about are addressed in this
entry in the RMagick Hints & Tips forum:
http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1374&forum_id=1618.

If you know of a leak that isn't addressed by that tip, I'd love an
opportunity to fix it. Would you mind sending me a script that
reproduces the leak? I need a script with no extra gems or libraries,
just Ruby and RMagick. No Rails, attachment_fu, file_column, gruff,
scruffy, or whatever. Let me know what O/S you're on, what version of
RMagick and ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick, and what version of Ruby. You
can send it directly to me, post it here, or open a bug track on RubyForge.

By the way, since I originally posted that request on the 17th I've had
no new bug reports, so please, send 'em in.

--
RMagick OS X Installer [http://rubyforge.org/projects/rmagick/]
RMagick Hints & Tips [http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1618]