On 5/30/07, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 30.05.2007 17:28, Alex LeDonne wrote:
> > Same workaround, but easier to read (to me, anyway):
> > '30 May 2007'.sub(re, '\1 ' << var << ' \3')
> > Since you're assembling a string, there's no need to interpolate.
>
> Um, what?  Assembling strings is exactly what string interpolation is
> used for (what else would it be?).  Granted, there are multiple ways to
> do it but your statement seems to be a bit off the mark.

Sorry for my imprecision, and thank you. I meant to say that if you're
_concatenating_, then there's no need to interpolate. The
double-quote, double-backslash solution presented by others uses
interpolation instead of concatenation.

In hindsight, I suppose the backslash construction is also a form of
interpolation, so my comment didn't make much sense after all. Ah,
well. At least the modified regex worked. :)

-Alex