On May 30, 1:23 pm, "Curt (Work) Hibbs" <ml.chi... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/07, Jano Svitok <jan.svi... / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It seems it's a bug (or a feature?):
>
> >http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=10655&group_id...
>
> The linked reposrt is incorrect. That person had something go wrong
> with their installation, which is probably the case hear, also. Make
> sure the ruby\bin directory is on your system path.

Speaking as the person who wrote that report, I'd say it is correct,
as it is an accurate description of what happened on my machine. On
the same machine, running the same version of Windows, version
1.8.4-19 of the one-click installer consistently adds ruby\bin to the
path (as well as doing other setup tasks), while version 1.8.6-25
consistently fails to do so. This implies that *something* is
different in the behavior between the two versions of the installer.
It may still work fine on some systems despite the difference, but I
see I'm not the only one for whom it doesn't.