> > - Are there other alternative ODBC interfaces?
>
> On windows, DBI and ODBC come with the one click installer, that means
> you could use if you wanted something pretty raw but still clean:
>
> Ruport's Query support:
> http://api.rubyreports.org/
>
> Or for a little more advanced functionality, Sequel:
> http://sequel.rubyforge.org
>
> And ActiveRecord works, too

Ruport seems a bit of an overkill to me, but I would like to try
DBI and ActiveRecord. I was able to find ActiveRecord, by

  gem install -r ActiveRecord

but I don't see how I could install DBI.  According to
Rubyforge, it should be 'ruby-dbi'
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-dbi/),
but:

  gem install -r ruby-dbi

says:

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer / venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162