On 5/29/07, Paul <pdavidow / gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to download the Rails Framework Documentation (http://
> rails.rubyonrails.com/) so I can use it offline.
> I tried doing 'File / Save As...' but that didn't work.
>
> I had limited success with downloading http://corelib.rubyonrails.org/
> using  'File / Save As...', but the frames get all confused.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
> - Paul Davidowitz

1. download wget, and run wget -m -k api.rubionrails.com (I'm not
about the switches, use --help and or google to find out)

2. you can obtain docs for a particular gem if you run rdoc in the
respective directory. Or, run rdoc with a list of paths to all the
rails gems. i.e.

rdoc c:/ruby/lib/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.x.x/lib c:/ruby/lib/... etc.

3. there was a recent thread about generating rdoc for the ruby core,
as seen on ruby-doc.org ;-). The rails docs are generated similarly.

DISCLAIMER: It's midnight here, so take this as a hint, and please
work out the details ;-)

Jano