------art_73375_26376438.1180467893526

> We have taken particular account of the challenges and lessons described
> as
> the "C10K problem" by Dan Kegel and others.

> into user programs. The current implementation uses the <tt>select(2)</tt>
> system call
> and may be used on a range of Unix-like systems. A future version of
> EventMachine
> for Linux will use <tt>epoll(4)</tt> and will thus require a Linux
> 2.6kernel.

Ok, I have one question (I have the same question for Twisted, but haven't
asked them about it...): why not use libevent?  It seems much more
developer-friendly than having to write your own implementations of epoll,
kqueue, poll, select, etc.  Why isn't it more widely used?

------art_73375_26376438.1180467893526--