On May 28, 2007, at 4:55 PM, Crep Cat wrote:

> I am trying to decide on a language to learn - and would be
> grateful for help.
> My reasons for wanting to learn programming are firstly to have fun
> and secondly to learn more about how computers work.

If you'd like to learn a language that helps you understand how
computers work....

x86 Assembly ftw!

avoid it like the plague.

Ruby is definitely a great choice. It teaches you object oriented
programming, while allowing you funcitonal programming. It's easy to
learn, and can write could as easy as cheese and crackers.

Ruby ftw
~ Ari
English is like a pseudo-random number generator - there are a
bajillion rules to it, but nobody cares.