Hello,

I am investigating ways to connect my Ruby (non-Rails) application on
Windows
to either MSSQL, MySql or Oracle databases. ODBC seems to be a common
way
for accessing them, so I wonder how to best access ODBC from Ruby.

Searching on the Web, I found solutions using DBI, or the ODBC Library
at http://www.ch-werner.de/rubyodbc/. Now I wonder:

- Are there other alternative ODBC interfaces?
- Are some of them available as gem? Which ones?
- Are there interfaces written in "plain ruby", so that the application
might also run under JRuby? (Of course I can use JDBC on JRuby as an
alternative - I'm here more interested in Ruby vs. JRuby compatibility).

Any suggestions?

Ronald

--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer / venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162