--L677J1Fq2Gb8CLTUc90

Just a quick note that I've released version 0.2.1 of the 'concurrent'
gem, which provides Actors, data-parallel programming, and transparent
futures (plus lazy evaluation) for Ruby.  This one adds:

 * Actor timeouts
 * Cleaned up support for Futures
 * Support for JRuby

Downloadables are here:

I'll be working on documentation for the next release, but until then,
here's a brief example of futures in action:

 require 'concurrent/futures'
 include Concurrent::Futures

 f = Future.async { 3 * 3 } # the block runs in a new thread
 f.inspect # => #<Thunk #<Thread:0xdeadcafe run>>
 f + 1 # waits for thread to complete, then => 10
 f.inspect # => 9

-mental

--L677J1Fq2Gb8CLTUc90

--L677J1Fq2Gb8CLTUc90--