Hi,

I'm trying to install Ruby 1.6.5 on a box running the Suse Linux
distribution. When I run make, at seemingly random points, I get the
message:

   gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

At first, I can rerun make, and it continues past the point of failure,
but it fails again after a while. Repeating this process, the error
seems to occur more often, until it finally gets stuck in the same place
over and over again...

I successfully installed the very same version of Ruby on my own
machine, which had its OS installed from the same Suse CD, without any
problems whatsoever.

The install I'm attempting now is done via SSH to the other machine
(which isn't located in the same place).

Any obvious places I should start looking? (I'm not exactly a Linux
guru...)

Thanks,

   Niklas