Karl von Laudermann wrote:
> Everything seems to work fine, except rubygems. Whenever I issue a
> command, I get an error about an uninitialized constant. E.g.:
>
>> gem list -r
>
> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NameError)
>     uninitialized constant Gem::SourceInfoCache
>
>> gem install rubyosa
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NameError)
>     uninitialized constant Gem::RemoteInstaller
>
> Can somebody help me?

Odd, RubyGems isn't finding some of its own libraries.  If the files
were missing, I would have expected an error on the require.  Instead it
looks as if the files are found, but the contents are not there.
Interesting.

Try the following commands in irb:

   require 'rubygems/remote_installer' # makes sure the file can be
found
   Gem::RemoteInstaller                # makes sure the class was loaded
   $:.find { |d| File.exist? File.join(d,
'rubygems/remote_installer.rb') }
                                       # Finds the location of the
require file

The last command should show the location of the file containing the
RemoteInstaller class.  Open the file and make sure it contains a proper
definition for RemoteInstaller.

--
-- Jim Weirich