On 5/27/07, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 27.05.2007 11:46, Robert Dober wrote:
> > On 5/27/07, Robert Klemme <shortcutter / googlemail.com> wrote:
> > <snip>

> >> No, it's "return it if it < 10" with "it" being "v+1" in this case.
> > Well that was the original idiom but we are looking for existing ones,
> > right?
>
> Yes, and that's why I presented what I presented.  I am not sure I
> understand your point here. :-)

> >> It's not the same but I believe you misread the task.  it_test is just a
> >> method to demonstrate the idiom in lines 2-4.
> >
> > Ah that's why you called the method test_..., not stupid at all ;)
> > Well I will get to understand what is going on here...
> > .. eventually...
> > .. potentially...
> > .. maybe...
> > .. hardly...
>
> Um...  It's really not that difficult.
Sure it is, actually the code is simple, I still try to grasp what is
wanted here, you see?
> Hope that explains it.   If not, let me know.
Well see above but never mind :)
Thx for your time, I shall probably say what I think about all of this:
(a)
return v if ((v = 42) % 2).zero?
would be nice if it worked
(b)
I am against fancy enhancements that are purely for optimization but see above.

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?