Dear All

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luis Parravicini" <lparravi / gmail.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: ruby socket programming

> On 5/23/07, monarailguy42 <Larry.Erickson / gmail.com> wrote:
> >     # ... do something with the socket
> >    t.write("select read_count from tag_id")
> >     answer = t.gets
>
>   How the device knows the data you wrote is the complete query?
> Shouldn't you send some mark (newline, ';' or something like that) to
> let the device knows where the query ends?

I Tried with socket server script from

and the client is :
---Start----
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
require 'socket'
aa=0
loop do
 aa = aa+1
 sock = TCPSocket.new('127.0.0.1', 20000)
 sendit = "We send #{aa}"
 sock.send(sendit,0)
 str = sock.recv(100)
 puts 'we received #{str}'
 sock.close
 sleep (1)
end
---Stop----

Work fine for me

But .. i think it'll be better if the device can act as client, and always
send all data in comma delimeted , so the server (we , user) can just wait
for data and parse received data easily.
Just like what Barcode reader do with keyboard port

Sincerely
-bino-