I have a fairly large TCPServer implementation that I have created.
 However, from time to time the whole thing just blocks for up to a
minute.  It's fairly rare but quite annoying.  I don't have any calls to
gethostbyname() directly..  So I'm not sure what's happening unless some
other function in the standard ruby socket library is calling
gethostbyname for me.  Are there any other functions that would cause
this?  I have the ruby-mysql library included as well where I just do
Mysql#query and fetch results from that, I don't see why this would
cause a lockup, although it connects via 'localhost' ,that's in
/etc/hosts.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers,
-JD-