On May 21, 1:17 pm, "Michael W. Ryder" <_mwry... / worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
> Mellissa.McConn... / gmail.com wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to load Ruby on Rails into Eclipse.
>
> > Before I get into my problem, I will tell you what I have done:
> > I have downloaded Eclipse and Ruby.
> > After downloading Ruby, I extracted it to my Eclipse folder.
> > I have downloaded Ruby on Rails, I extracted RoR to its own file on my
> > C Drive.
>
> > Here is the trouble:
> > O'Reilly has put up a very nice walkthrough at:
> >http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/ruby/2007/04/26/ruby-on-rails-meets-e...
>
> > I am going through this and it tells me to "Create a configuration,
> > "Create Rails Application," to create a Rails application. In the
> > Location field, specify the rails.cmd file."
>
> > In the picture the file extension is listed as, "C:\rubyonrails\bin
> > \rails.cmd
>
> > I open my File Directory but I cannot find a "bin" file anywhere. My
> > directory looks like this: C:/RubyonRails/Rails
> > then the following directories: app, components, config, db, doc, lib,
> > log, public, script, test, tmp, vendor.
>
> > I also looked through the zip file to see if a bin file was located
> > there, and I did not see it.
>
> > Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!
>
> I used Instant Rails to install Ruby and Ruby on Rails.  It placed the
> rails.cmd file in my ruby\bin file.  Maybe that is where it needs to go
> for Eclipse also.- Hide quoted text -

I just downloaded Instant Rails and extracted it but no luck. I've
never setup an environment like this before and I'm having quite a bit
of trouble. Any suggestions? Maybe tutorials or something of that
nature. I have downloaded Aptana, the Aptana plug-in for Eclipse, I'm
having trouble connecting the dots.