------art_134908_32043108.1179772937368

Team,

Several times per week and need to login to around 120 AIX servers from a
Windows desktop.
I am using *ssh* under *putty* to accomplish this.
I coded a simple *batch *file to establish all 120 sessions. The problem is
that if I don't provide the password for each session, I have to manually go
to each session and type it in.
The format of each record is as follows:

*start putty.exe -X -ssh -pw abracadabra1
**myuserid@myhostname*1<myuserid / myhostname1>
 *start putty.exe -X -ssh -pw abracadabra2
**myuserid@myhostname*2<myuserid / myhostname2>
etc.....

The above works fine but it introduces a security issue. As you can see my
password can be readily obtained by reading the file.
If I hide the file, this will only delay its finding.

Is there a way in which I can write the batch file in Ruby and hide or
somehow encrypt the password, so even if someone edits the file the password
can't be understood?

Thank you

Victor

------art_134908_32043108.1179772937368--