Hi,

From: MENON Jean-Francois <Jean-Francois.MENON / bigfoot.com>
Subject: [ruby-talk:25221] ruby/Tk
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 07:29:14 +0900
> I'm trying to use ruby/tk, and my program has a socket opened r/w.
> to keep tk interact with the user while reading on the socket, I need to
> use the "tk::fileevent" documented in perl/tk.
> but I didn't find anything about it in ruby.
> is there a way to doing this ?

I'm sorry but 'fileevent' command is not implemented on Ruby/Tk.
Because, Ruby has better way to treat streams than Tcl/Tk.
I recommend you to use threads for treatment of streams.
But attention!
Sometimes Ruby/Tk is running too slow,
if the event loop, Tk.mainloop, is running in the sub thread.
Please use sub threads for stream access,
and use the main thread for Tk.mainloop.