On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 05:50:18PM +0900, Achim Domma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to access an .Net webservice which is accessible via HTTP POST
> and GET. Using a browser this works just fine, but using Net::HTTP
> causes a timeout in rbuf_fill. Any hint how to debug this? Or is it a
> know problem with MS ISS? I didn't find anything using
> groups.google.com. Here is my code:
>
> Net::HTTP.get_print URI.parse('https://secure...url which works fine
> in browser...')

Are you enabling ssl? Try the following sample code from the documentation
embedded in net/https.rb

    require 'net/https'
    require 'uri'

    uri = URI.parse(ARGV[0] || 'https://localhost/')
    http = Net::HTTP.new(uri.host, uri.port)
    http.use_ssl = true if uri.scheme == "https"  # enable SSL/TLS
    http.start {
      http.request_get(uri.path) {|res|
        print res.body
      }