On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 03:53:47AM +0900, Trans wrote:

> Actually, the later is pretty dang ugly --maybe worse the the first.
> However colons would help the first example quite a bit:
>
>   describe 'myself':
>     if 'should be readable':
>       lambda:
>         @reader.reading
>       .should change:
>         @reader.knowledge
>       .by(text.amount)
>
> Though any such indention significance is probably too big of a change
> for Ruby at this point anyway. I'd much rather just see more
> intelligent was to catch missing "end" errors. Even if meant the
> option to put "endif", "endclass", etc.

I'd prefer we keep the plain ol' "end" syntax, and use editors that can
do delimiter matching as easily with "end" as with braces, brackets, or
parentheses.

Dr. Ron Paul: "Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when
terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons."