Trans wrote:
> On May 18, 5:22 pm, Sven Suska <sven71... / suska.org> wrote:
>> but would provide a way to use significant indentation if one really
>> wants to.
>>
>> If "~" were that special character, it would look like that:
>> ~ 5.times do |n|
>> ~   n.times do
>> ~     print n
>> ~   puts
>
> I can't count how many times I've forgotten "do". Sometimes I have
> wished a colon could "induce" the block:
>
>   5.times |n|:
>     n.times:
>       print n
>     puts
>
> But I don't think a line prefix is worth the trouble.
>
> T.

I totally agree. A line pre-fix is a bit pointless in my opinion,
although I am in favour in moving towards a Python-style indentation
syntax. As for the 'do' issue I don't see why it can't be removed, if
something is always expected then you can just assume its there, right?

  5.times do |n|
    n.times do
      print n
    end
    puts
  end

(Or using the ':' instead) Could just be:

  5.times |n|
    n.times
      print n
    end