On 5/17/07, Phil Tomson <philtomson / gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't hear back from the project owner, then perhaps you could
> contact someone at RubyForge and ask if you can adopt the project (I'm
> not familiar with the mechanics, but it should be possible).

Typically, we'd rather see someone fork a project.  If the original
maintainer can't be contacted, the best bet is to just change the name
of the project, fork it, and start a new RubyForge project.

We haven't found any better solution that keeps us from accidentally
upsetting someone.
Tom would have the ultimate say on this, but I'm pretty sure that's
the response you'd get from him.

-greg