Phil Tomson wrote:
> If you don't hear back from the project owner, then perhaps you could
> contact someone at RubyForge and ask if you can adopt the project (I'm
> not familiar with the mechanics, but it should be possible).

The last time this came up the RubyForge admins said that they were very
reluctant to turn over a project to another person without the owner's
permission. The project's owner owns the copyrights and if he didn't
give permission then things could get very nasty.

Lacking the owner's permission your best alternative would be to fork
the project with a new name.

--
RMagick [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org]
RMagick Installation FAQ [http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html]