Apologies if this is not the right forum for this, but this surely has
the right audience.

I have been using a few projects on rubyforge / sourceforge (ruby
projects) which are now unfortunately dead (no SVN activity for more
than a year, no forum no tracker nothing).
I have been been monkey patching some of them in my local repository
and my attempts at contacting the project owners has failed.
They have apparently lost interest and moved on.

- I could continue to use them and monkey patch them as I go along

- I could abandon them and use something else (with some pain)

- I am willing to adopt at least one and maintain it, fixing bugs and
enhancing.

I wonder if the last one is even an option, and if yes then how.

- Nasir