On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Jason Voegele wrote:

> > Horst Duchene is working on a pretty extensive Graph package for example.
>
> I think it would be great for this to be merged in when things
> stablize.

Ok, great. My GraphR package is being merged with Horst stuff. Its
perfectly ok with me if the merged graph stuff goes into your stuff and I
would think its ok with Horst also.

A nice feature of the graph package is thata graphs can be dumped to PNG,
PS, TIF etc via graphviz/dot. I think it would be very nice if all of the
data structures had this property and with the same interface. We would
get a large lib with all important datastructures and they can all be
nicely printed as images... Not bad. I don't think either Perl or Python
have a DS/Alg lib with a common and well though-out design.

Keep on working and release as soon as possible! Peer review is probably
the best source of long-term quality.

BTW, I think its very important to get a common "style" of the DS'es. Have
you a basic design we can discuss on the list? We're basing the
graph stuff on Boost Graph Library which has a very clean and nice
design. I would think there are similar stuff for other DS's. (Well there
is LEDA but not very nice design-wise, or?)

Regards,

/Robert