On 17.05.2007 12:33, Singeo wrote:
> Hermann, I followed Sebatian's advice to use print instead of puts and
> that solved my problem. But I would still like to understand how to
> remove the newline characters. Here's my code as it currently stands
> (with "rssfile.print line" in place of "rssfile.puts line"), hopefully
> it will help you see how I was trying to tackle the problem.

Maybe I'm being thick here but I don't understand you: you have a
working solution and an explanation why the NL weren't "removed"
(actually they were removed and then reinserted by using "puts").  Now
what is it that you want to understand about this?

Another remark: since you seem to be dealing with XML files why don't
you use an XML tool, such as REXML?  That's certainly less error prone
when manipulating XML files.

Regards

	robert