Hi Siingeo (btw: is that your first name?),

Singeo wrote:
> ... I followed Sebatian's advice to use print instead of puts and
> that solved my problem.

Running out of time now, but I see that Sebastian
has given the correct answer already. I was on the
same track, which is why I was asking for the code
to see how you read and write the lines.

 > But I would still like to understand how to
> remove the newline characters. Here's my code as it currently stands
> (with "rssfile.print line" in place of "rssfile.puts line"), hopefully
> it will help you see how I was trying to tackle the problem.

You may have done well removing the newlines (to be
more precise: the carriage returns or "\r" characters),
but then when writing the lines you add it back again:

Hermann